Sunday, October 5, 2008

Funny things Garrett says...

Garrett 6 - 08
Today Garrett asked me to refill his bubble blower.
As I was doing it, I said, "Don't waste this, I'm not going to keep refill this thing" Because he just spills it on the floor and then plays with the soap.
Garrett replied, "OK Mom, I'll waste it, but I won't cry about it."
Now that's what I should have said to him the in first place.

Garrett 5 - 08
Garrett and Keith were deciding what to eat for lunch, and Dad asked Garrett what he thought they should get me to eat.
Garrett responded, "Let's get her food that will make her have a baby in her belly."
I guess since my belly still looks like it's occupied by a baby, we miles well have a baby in there.
Later that day when we were talking about him saying that he also added, "If it's a boy, we should name him Otis" Yes Otis, from barnyard.
NO I am NOT pregnant, but if I were we'd have to put Otis on the long list of names.

Garrett 5 - 08
As I was putting Garrett to bed, he exclaimed, "Mommy, some people are brownish."
I thought for a minute what brought this on and how should I respond? So I just said, "ya"
Garrett continued with, "And some people are peach like me, but we all like to play."
Truth!

Garrett 3-08
Keith said to Garrett, "How did you get to be such a big boy?"
Garrett's response, a hand motion of him shoveling food into his mouth.
Keith laughed then said, "No, really how?"
Garrett thinks and comes up with, "Well, I went to sleep and then I wake up, and I looked at myself. Then I realized that my body had grown this big."
Me too, Garrett.
I realize that every morning.

Garrett 3-08
Today during the prayer on the food Garrett said,"Blessed the food with strength."
It's gonna need it when we're through with it.

Garrett 2-08
So today I was reading Garrett and Kendall the story of Joseph Smith and the first vision. Garrett saw the picture of God the Father and Jesus Christ and asked, "This one is Jesus, but who is this?"
I replied, "That's Heavenly Father, Jesus Father and ours?"
Garrett thought for a minute then questioned, " But Jesus already has a mother and father, Joseph and Mary?"
Confusing the whole two fathers, earthly and Heavenly.

Garrett 2-08
So we were sitting at Costco on Friday night, (our typical date night) eating pizza and a very berry yogurt. And like always Garrett was making a mess all over himself.
Keith exclaim to Garrett, "Were you born in barn?"
Garrett thought for a minute and without taking any insult at all, responded, "No, but Jesus was born in a barn."

Garrett 1-08
We were at church today and Garrett saw a picture of Gordon B. Hinckley.
He replied, "He's dead!"
I said "Yes" with a smile.
Then Garrett said "He's old and Heavenly Father needs him."
How true!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute! Ah, I love the things little kids say!!

Greg and Tammy said...

That's such a good idea to keep that record! Darling little Garrett.

The Prathers said...

Kids do say fun things. Check out my blog. I finaly updated it.

Jamie said...

SOOO cute and very smart!!

Lanae said...

I'm waiting for the post of Keith at the Carrie Underwood concert solo!!! Tell him he can write the post.