Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hunkering down

We missed the "Blizzard to 2009", so we had no idea what this much snow looks like. HOLY COW! It's beautifully amazing (yes, I made that up in my own little mind) to see a blizzard happen. I don't remember ever seeing that much snow. Keith will never forget shoveling 80 yards of 2 1/2 feet of snow. He's been working on it for over 4 hours and he's only about 2/3 the way finished.
Surprisingly the kids aren't driving us crazy yet, but I don't see us leaving our house any time soon. So until then homemade soup, warm cookies, floor puzzles, board games, and movies will be on the agenda.
We seem to be surviving the Blizzard of 2010, aka Snowpacalypse, quite well.
(Knock on wood. I pray we don't lose power.)

5 comments:

A mother heart said...

Ahhh, this reminds me of New England! Warm soup, hot chocolate and snow everywhere!
HOpe you all survive!

happyfamily said...

AS A KID I LOVED BLIZZARDS AND BEING ABLE TO STAY HOME WITH MOM. CHERISH THE MOMENT IT WILL BE GOME TO FAST. STAY WARM AND AND HAVE SOME WARM HOT CHOCOLATE TO KEEP THE INSIDE WARM AS WELL.
GOOD LUCK;
COLENE

Greg and Tammy said...

Good luck!! Hope you stay warm. We'll send warm thoughts from AZ.

The Browning Bunch said...

That is a lot of shoveling! Although I am sure it is a fun adventure to be snowed in!

kristal said...

time for a new blog post