Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Reasons I love Virginia

 OUR YARD!
That would probably be one of my favorite things about Virginia.  I love that my kids can just run and play for hours.  Our yard is safe and easy for me to keep an eye on them, and it has turned into one of my favorite hobbies, gardening.  I am definitely the world's worst gardener, but no one loves it more then I do.  Keith often will say,  "What are you going to do if we ever move to Arizona?"  I don't know.  My neighbor teases me that I am always digging holes. And I remind her that digging holes keeps me from hurting small children.  It calms my nerves, and makes me happy. 





 There's my poor shot at the shuttle passing over our house. What an exciting experience for the kids and I.  


 I love this Crape Myrtle that Judy Ford gave me.  It's beautiful in the summer and fall and give me shade to watch the kids.
I cut my Peonies this year and brought them into the house because they always seem to flop over and die too soon.  They were beautiful in the vase on my counter and distracted my from all the dishes I should be washing, and smelled lovely.


1 comment:

Kristal said...

ok, I am SUPER in love with your Peonies, but you can dig holes and let your kids run for hours and hours in your back yard in Az. I know, I know, not as easy to keep it green, but IT CAN be done. We LOVe our new backyard...lots and lots of trees and vines and flowers, and seriously, my kids spend at least 3 hours a day back there still...and it's 110 degrees out! MOVE BACK HERE GOSH DANG IT!!!!!