Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 3 - Joseph Smith home and Sacred Grove.


It's a wonderful experience to walk in the home where so many amazing event took place. I have to admit that there were a few moments when I was touched by the spirit thinking about the great effect the Book of Mormon has had on my life and what a great sacrifice it was for Joseph Smith, his family and so many others.

I like how Will pointed out the necessity for outlet to play the PlayStation up in the boy bedrooms.

Carolyn was our big helper with the kids. Thanks a bunch Lynea-Lou!

Above is the back view of the house, which caught me at the place where were much of the women's chores were preformed.

As I was trying to get Garrett and Elizabeth running down the old dirt road, I notice the beautiful view of the temple.


As we walked through the Sacred Grove I thought, I want Garrett and Kendall to come back here when they are 16 to experience this again when they can actually remember it use it to strengthen their testimonies.



Clue for all of you wanting to attend the Hill Cumorah Pageant:
Go on the Thursday night before it opens.
It's dress rehearsal, but was the exact same show, with 1/4 the crowd. It was FABULOUS! The burn Abinadi and King Ben with real fire. Water falls and a HUGE rain shower when Laman and Lemual are disobedient on the ship to America. It's an incredible set with layered tiers of stages going up the Hill Cumorah
When Christ appeared to the Nephites on the top of the hill during the performance, Garrett looked at me and said, "Is that the real Jesus?" and before I could answer, "Can I met him?" It was that real.


I love the costume on King Noah.





No comments: