Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pink and red all over....

To celebrated the
Cardinals going to the Super Bowl
&
Kendall turning 3,
we decided to have a
Pink and Red Princess Super Bowl Party!

Bet ya never been to one of those before?


I decided to make a castle cake, which was a much bigger task than I had expected, but Kendall (and I) was very pleased with the results. As you will see by the many photos that we took, I was quite proud of this party. So if you have a low tolerance for PINK, you may not want to view this post.
















Kendall could not have enjoyed the party any more than she did. She loved having her friends over, and playing games.

Here's all the princesses that attended the party. We had a great time making wands, necklaces, frames, bags, and eating the cake.

Garrett and William enjoyed running around and eating all the food. We need to have that kid over more often.
While everyone left at half time, I decided to stay up and support my sweet husband. I'm not going to lie to ya, I thought I would be just consoling him, but to my great surprise and his, the Cardinals actually scored a touchdown to be in the lead. We were jumping up and down and hugging one another in the front room. What a touching moment. But alas the Steelier came from behind in the last few minutes to take the lead. It was a sad time in our house when the Steeliers won the Super Bowl, but we are so proud of the Cards.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, great job on the castle cake! It looks awesome!

dani said...

That cake is Ahhh-maaaz-ing!! You are quite talented my dear aunt. Looks like a killer party!

Puhlman said...

OK girl you will definately have to let me know how you did this cake. It will be a dream cake for Rachel and Mayah but it looks like it may be way out of my league. OK on to the cardinals. WELL. We are die hard Steelers fans. When the cardinals made that touch down that put them ahead Don was banging on the coffee table while you were hugging hubby. We were the ones screaming when we won. That makes 6 super bowls for us. YES. OH sorry. I can send you some tissue if needed.

Lanae said...

I have to let you know that I cried while I got caught up on your blog. There was something so amazingly relaxing about that trip. We saw Randa and Sam the other night and I told her what a great hostess you were. I just want to come back.
Thanks again for so many great memories.
Lanae
PS Your cake looks amazing!!!

Emily Merchant said...

I tried once to leave a comment. Something went wrong, so I am trying again. If you get it twice, it will just reaffirm that I think the cake is AMAZING. Wow! You are my cake-hero. Do you hire out?

Emily Merchant said...

So, as I was closing out after leaving my comment, Maggie walked in. She took one look at the picture of Kendall with the cake and said, "Mom, look at Kendall. I wish I had that cake!"

Maybe, it is better that we didn't make it onSunday. I would have A LOT to live up to next year. I am hoping Maggie forgets the picture of the castle cake by then, but I KNOW that she could have NEVER forgotten the real thing!

Kristal said...

she is the freaking cutest kid in the world. And holy crap on the goin all out bday cake. Nice!

A mother heart said...

how long did it take you to do that cake??? wow!

Jen said...

That was definitely an unforgettable cake! It turned out soooo cute!
My girls keep asking me if they can have a cake like Kendall's cake for their birthday's.
Emily had so much fun. Every day she wakes up, puts on one of her princess dresses, and asks when we are going to Kendall's birthday party.