Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas Vacation, phase II


For the week before Christmas, we stayed with my sister Vonda and her family. Garrett thinks that Aunt Vonda's house is the funnest place next to Disneyland. Whether it is summer or winter, Aunt Vonda's backyard is Garrett's favorite backyard. Garrett also loves that Aunt Vonda's house is a perpetual party. There is always kids or teenagers playing in that house, and Garrett is all about the fun. But I think his favorite part about Aunt Vonda's is that everyone always feels at home in their house. It's comfortable and relaxed. I don't know how they do that, but it's great. Also Garrett loves to be roughed up by Uncle Bill.
I felt really bad because while we were staying with Vonda and Bill, we all got the stomach flu, which we gave to poor McKenna. Sorry! As luck would have it, we got the stomach flu on the same day as family pictures with Keith's family. You'll notice that Garrett is not smiling in one. and Taryn is flat out crying in most. Nice!

I love baby Alina's big eyes!

So we couldn't get Taryn to smile until Keith brought out the big doggie, we borrowed from Aunt Vonda to pacify her. I do love the crying picture too.


Kendall the poser, and Garrett the quick smiler.

Sadly these are the best that we could get with the kids sick and so little time because we showed up late. O-well! I hope my kids appreciate that I tried to take family pictures, even when I just had a baby two months ago.

I love these pictures of Gordon and Ruth's family and Collette and Justine's family. It was nice to get to know our new cousins and our cousins that we don't get to see much.

3 comments:

kristal said...

I love baby Alina! She looks a lot like PEarcey with that round bald head and those big huge blue eyes. They really are twin cousins! I'm gla dyou guys got to come....I'm already missing you and wish it wasn't such a pain in the bootie to fly with a dozen kids....ok, with 4. I'm glad we never have to fly again in our live. Ok, cept me and Pearcey will be flying to Va this spring...I HOPE!

Jen said...

I love ALL your pictures!!!!!!
Christmas and the new ones you posted from your shoot with Denise!
She did such a great job. But you forget how beautiful you are all the time! I remember talking to her after your shoot and her telling me how fun it was to photograph someone as beautiful as you! You just don't ever take a bad picture!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love those pictures, even the crying ones and especially allys eyes - huge! Nice to hear someone enjoys the chaos at the Guttery place - we are just used to it. Your turns coming :)