Monday, April 2, 2012

How did I not know.....

...that BYU football parties were going to become such a big part of my life? When I married Keith, I knew he graduated from BYU, that he loved sports, and that he enjoyed watching a game or two with his brothers, but I had no idea that there was a pull among most of the BYU alumni to gather, eat, and yell at the TV!!
The first few years of our marriage, I ignored the gatherings like it was a phase that my husband was going through, and it would pass. But then I realized that even if I don't give a hoot about the game, I enjoy the people who come. So I embraced the movement, by hosting the parties at my house and going to a few. I can't say that I "bleed blue" but I do enjoy the parties, and people. I have yet to know who they are playing or remember to wear blue.
Here's a few things I like about BYU parties. The number one thing I love about them, is the people. Some of our best friends out here in Manassas are our "BYU buddies", as I like to call them. Nothing makes me laugh harder than watching Leslie Olsen watch a game. Lets' just say she gets a little involved, excited, loud and nervous, none of which is her normal mannerisms. BYU games and the Super Bowl fall on my kids birthdays, so it's easy for me to mix them together for one big party. My kids love to go to the parties to play with friends and eat the yummy food, not to mention that BYU games make my husband very happy, sometimes.






No comments: