Friday, September 12, 2008

A photographers nightmare!


Once again this year I TRIED to take pictures of my kids, but nothing about that experience went well. However, I did get some good shots of the Walkers kids. Don't ya just want to eat Dalin up?


I love this little wooden walk-way to the beach. Made for really cute pictures of the Walkers kids.


Here's a glimpse of the lack of cooperation I received from my children.
Taryn enjoyed eating the sand and rubbing it into her eyes and hair, so that it would cause her to cry and turn red faced. Nice!

Kendall spent the day making faces like this. Once again, NICE!

Garrett decided not to hold still, but to play hide and seek in the tall grass. Grrrr!

More of Tar-tarz eating sand. Yum!

So then we decided to try me with the girls. Maybe they would pay more attention, smile, hold still, or in anyway acknowledge the camera, and the wind picked up. Great! Can you feel my pain? Oh, and to make things even worse. My camera keep fogging up with mist due to that humidity. And now I need my camera cleaned due to the sand. Serenity now!!!

So we decided to make good use of the wind by flying a kite.
Oh, what a lovely day at the beach!

5 comments:

Denise said...

LOL! Tamee, I am ready any time you are.

I even found a couple of fabulous locations!

Greg and Tammy said...

Oh well!! The funny candid ones will be the fun ones for their wedding videos in a few years! :) Looks like your trip to the beach was fun!

Joe said...

I love ALL your pictures from the trip! Sometimes the candid ones are the most fun anyway. I need copies of all of them! You are such a great photographer! Your pictures turned out so much better then mine did.
By the way - - You look so gorgeous in your pictures! Your dark hair and fair skin in contrast with the beach--WOWZA!!!
Keith is a lucky man!

Joe said...

I forgot I was logged in under Joe's name so I thought I might clarify that it was me who posted the above before you thought my husband was coming on to you:)

-Jen

kristal said...

I think they're cute! The only 2 things I'd say is there are a lot where you're shooting on the wrong side of them, make sure the sun is behind YOU when you're shooting, not behind your subject. You want to have full light on their face...even if they're squinting, it's better than their face being all shadowed over. And up your shuttter speed for kids, that'll get rid of a lot of your blur. Up your ISO.
I think these are soo cute though!!!!