Thursday, May 14, 2009

All I want is a little, just a little silence.

For the past month I have been enduring a ear-piercing metal against metal screeching noise that has been coming from my brakes on our "new" old car. We have taken it into the mechanic twice, to have them tell us "They needed cleaned but are in great shape."

Ok, whatever, but they are so noisy that I can't talk on the cell phone at the same time as I brake. And when it rains, they are even worse. It seems to be raining everyday out here in springland.

Last week I had, had it, so I took the good car with crap for brakes into the shop one more time. Finally one of the mechanics realize that the previous owner had put the wrong type of brake something or other on the front brakes.
Ah-ha! I'm not crazy!

However to fix the problem of course is $200.00 or more dollars and they have to special order the parts so that won't be able to get to the soon.

Grrrh! But our brakes really are perfectly safe but obviously NOISY!

Fine, whatever, I'll just stay home more.

Right?

But no, I can't seem to find silence in my own home.

And no, it is not because of the small children which roam my house.

So here's the story.

We have a vent in our downstairs bathroom that opens to the outside. Well for the past few months I could hear a bird going in and out of the flap to the outside, but he/she never stayed long so I didn't worry about it. Wrong decision!

A few nights ago, while Keith was out of town, I heard a rustling noise downstairs. So I grabbed the phone and headed downstairs to investigate.

To my surprise the noise was coming from my bathroom.

But where at in my small 1/2 bath?

I looked behind the door, under the toilet, even out the window, until I realized that it was coming from above.

Mommy bird's little babies had hatched and were making quite the racket. For one brief moment I thought, "Ah, how sweet!" But then I realize that I must now endure our new tenant's until they learn to fly or I go postal on them and send them to a better place.

Those baby birds chirp constantly. They never shut up!

How long will it take till they learn to fly and leave the nest?

Nest belong in trees not bathrooms!

Note picture below.

4 comments:

A mother heart said...

You might want to rethink letting them stay...birds also bring mites and other little unwanted pests that can infest your whole house. I have had more that one friend have infestations problems when a nest is too close to the house.
And those bugs are a real pain to get rid of.

happyfamily said...

When we had our honda accord it had the same problem, i hope you can get it worked out if not get ear plug's.

colene

Shaunae said...

That's so great! Birds in the house. Another Jones' pet. Hopefully these won't bite the dust like the fish :)

kristal said...

Keith, fix the breaks, kill the birds