Thursday, May 14, 2009

Easter morning

Although Garrett enjoyed the surprise of the Easter basket, he wasn't that interested in the candy, unlike Kendall who wanted to gobble it all up. But he was a bit concerned that the Easter Bunny forgot to hide the eggs over night, so he had to wait till after church for the Bunny to come back again just to hide eggs.
Forgetful Bunny!


I love these pictures of Taryn but wish my stinking photoshop would work so that I could fix them up. Oh, she's yummy!

Note for future reference:
We each come into our marriage with different family traditions, good and bad. The Hatch family traditions included Easter baskets full of goodies and toys that the Easter Bunny left for you along side your Easter dress, hat, gloves, shoes, and new fancy tights. He'd hide eggs and prizes in the house or backyard. (Which the Easter Bunny totally forgot to do the night before this year. Lazy Bunny!) To some this may be a little over board, but to me it's a memory I cherished as a child and want for my children. We also went to church talked about the meaning of Easter and great blessing of our Savior.

This year we celebrated Easter morning at the Jones' (Grandma and Grandpa Jones' house). Keith and I had discussed the differences in our family traditions, so I was full aware that my festivities may be viewed at over the top. But I decided to move forward with the traditions that I grow up with and loved.
Even though my sweet husband had to make this comment, "We (the Jones family) choose to celebrate Easter my remembering the Savior and the resurrection."
Nice honey!
While we at the Hatch household celebrate a big fat bunny, fluffy chicks, marshmallow peeps, and costly apparel.
Nobody likes a Smartalic!

2 comments:

Emily Merchant said...

Marriage really does take a lot of compromise.

I am always trying to find the right line to walk with holiday traditions, but in many ways I think it is all the extra special things that you do that set a day apart and make it memorable. You do that really well for your family, Tamee (if you ask me!).

kristal said...

Um, your lil (fat) sister has photoshop...send me your fav picture of each of them and I'll PS it up!