Friday, May 15, 2009

The hunt!



Aunt Vonda was nice enough to let all the Hatch invade her home for Easter dinner and festivities. After a delicious meal, and enjoying the delightful company, we sent the kids to the front yard so that the Easter Bunny could work his magic in the backyard. I always try to prepare my kids for the hunt but they lack the aggressive drive necessary to acquire eggs when hunting with the Pros of the sport. Fortunately, we had a few older cousins who helped my kids find some success.
Taryn found three eggs and a stuffed animal from Aunt Vonda's toy room which satisfied her Easter fix.

We decided to find a piece of shade to enjoy the spoils.


Grandma likes to play a Easter Question and Answer game with the kids after the hunt. Upon answering her deep doctrinal question on the resurrection, the kids win dollar store prizes from Grandma. It's loads for fun and a crack up to hear the kids try on answer the questions. My favorite was these two little men, who were cracking each other up.


I love this picture of my niece, Kam. The bucket, glasses and her serious determination to answer Grandma questions. I love her.
Kendall found a willing adult to allow her to open all the candy her heart desires. As you can see from the look on her face, unless it's chocolate, Kendall would rather feed it to the dog.
In the first pictures she's think, "Who put this lame bubblegum in my bucket?"
But in the second, she's say, "Now this is what I'm talking about?"

No comments: