Sunday, February 26, 2012

Garrett and Landon's BIG day!

**** There are a lot of pictures and long journal writing. ******

These pictures of are those surreal pictures I couldn't wait to have but it doesn't seem like I've been a parent long enough to have a boy get baptized. Garrett was so ready to be baptized. He has been talking about it for years, and not just because he associated getting baptized with getting a dog. He has been excited to experience baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost. Garrett was blessed to have attended a Christian Preschool, where they studied a child's bible and memorize scriptures every week. At the time I thought he was too young to gain anything from it, but that boy knows his Bible stories. This past year we read the Book of Mormon to Garrett. He's the right age for expecting anything he reads and hears. The truth is so easy at that age to feel and believe, no wonder Heavenly Father has children commit to the gospel at such a young age. He's so eager to learn and read about the Gospel. This year, January, Garrett started reading the Book of Mormon out loud to me. He LOVES it! We moving slow because he has to stop to discuss and explain words that are unfamiliar, but I can see that he is soaking up the stories of the Book of Mormon just as he has the Bible stories.
We decided to have Landon blessed on the same day as Garrett's baptism. Keith was blessed on the same day as his older brother Randall was baptized. I love this picture below, because I shows just how excited Garrett was about the whole day.
The baptism was perfect! I will never forget the spirit that came over me as I watched my oldest son walk down into the water of baptism with his father. I could not have been more pleased the decision he had made. I know the Lord was happy to have him enter into the covenant and start on the path to happiness. How blessed I am to be the mother of such a righteous good boy. I know he will grow to be a great and productive servant of the Lord.




Here's a couple of pictures of Landon's blessing day. All of the children were dressed in their blessing gowns on Vonda's bed. I have pictures of all them them laying just like this expect Alina. Sad, I know. I have so out of it when Alina was blessed that I didn't get pictures.




















After the baptism, blessing, and pictures, we had a BBQ in Vonda's back yard.
We LOVE VONDA & BILL!
Most of my greatest memories have happened in their home. Thanks!
Grandpa Hatch had the hardest job helping out with the grill in 110 degree weather.


WE miss our cousins and great family members!



4 comments:

Shaelyn said...

How sweet! You have a beautiful family.

Lanae said...

love these pics. i just finished Ben's baptism post and had the same feelings. it was a special day.

Cami D. said...

TAMEE oh my gosh I can't believe you have an eight year old! Time is flying by!! Your family is darling and you look fantastic!! <3

Kristal said...

That is SUCH a fantastic picture of me at the end. ha! I LOVE the family pictures of you guys from the blessing Seriously cute family!