Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sweet Ali M.

Keith keeps reminding me that this "phase" that Alina is in, will pass! When? So I thought I should document some of her finer moments so that someday I will sit back and laugh.
First, Alina is obsessed with "diaper cream." She wants us to put on diaper cream with every change, and most of the time she wants to put it on herself by herself. She makes sure we put diaper cream on Landon, particularly on the every end of his something. Her obsession with diaper has now gone too far when every baby doll in the is house has a glob of paste between their legs. I'm removing all diaper cream, and white pastes from our home.
Second, Alina does not take correction well. Who am I kidding... she does take no for an answer. She takes strong-willed to a whole new level. Below is a picture of sweet Ali M. letting me know she didn't steal the cookie, it belonged to her. All thing belong to her.
On a side note, here's a picture of my hand a week after I burned it on our coil stove top. Dumb, I know, but it happened. I had turned on the store to make Garrett soup after school, but I didn't have time, so I put it in the microwave. Unfortunately I didn't turn off the store. We ran out the door to dance. When we returned, everyone was hunger, but there was a huge mess of paper of the bar. In a hurry, I put my hand down to wipe of the counter. Immediate pain surged through my body. Fortunately I have the presents of mind to turn around to the sink and submerge my hand in water. I quickly realized that I couldn't take my hand out of the water and I drugged myself up with Ibuprofen and left over pain medicines from my pregnancy.
It was 6:30 p.m., everyone hunger, dirty, and tired and Keith was not coming home until 10:00 p.m. I called our friends the Warners, but they were in DC......... My angel boy Garrett, came to the rescue. He jumped in and made chicken nuggets, and cleaned up the mess. He stripped the babies down and put them into the bath. That includes a bad diaper on Landon. I worried about him pulling Landon out of the tub. So I bit my lip and pulled him out on the floor. Garrett dressed him and Alina, made the bottles, put them to bed, read to the girls and put himself to bed. I pretty much passed out on the sofa and waited for Keith to come home. He arrived just as the Warner came drove up to check on me. Because the only relief I felt was when I had my hand in water, I sleep with it in a wet glove. Kendall had burned herself last year, so we had left over burn cream that worked wonders. Just one of many crazy nights here in our house.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Uh, sorry about your hand...and FYI, Kam's "phase" lasted 4 long long years...but now, she's freaking awesome!!!!!!