Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Hatch for Christmas


We were so blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa Hatch come visit for Christmas. Grandma Hatch helped us create a winter village out of gingerbread houses. Alina and Landon were excellent helpers. While Grandma stayed busy making crafts and playing games with the kids, Grandpa fixed everything in our home. Two of the four sinks upstairs had issues - fixed! Garage door light hasn't worked to over a year - works now! Pictures and racks that have been leaning against wall for years - now on the wall! Keith and I's dream of having a hanging system in the garage - 2 bikes, 3 strollers, 11 tools, 5 folding chairs, 1 weed-eater and a latter are all now safely hanging in the garage. Grandpa is AWESOME!

Garrett took great joy in having the house with the most candy to adorn it!


I love my two sweet girls! They love each other. They were so excited on Christmas Day to play with everything that Santa had brought them. Taryn was the most excited this year about her American doll, Kit. On Christmas morning while all the kids rushed down stair to look at the toys, Taryn only saw one American Girl doll with dark hair and it was by Kendall walking dog. Taryn thought about it for a minute, then in the sweets way said to Kendall, "Kendall, can this doll be my American Doll, okay?" Keith and I laughed, and showed her the blonde, blue eyed doll that looks just the Taryn Bears. She loves Kit so much and sleeps with it every night.
I could not have asked to two better girls. Right now, Alina is a different story.


The Sneak!


Unbeknownst to Grandma Hatch, Alina was up to her usual tricks to stealing coke.

She gets away with everything with that little smile!


The Little Man, loved his one and only gift, a basketball hoop.
Look at the grip on that kid!

We miss Grandpa and Grandma Hatch. Having them here made me realize all the great memories that my kids are missing, by not living close to family. I also realize how much I miss seeing and talking with my Mom and Dad. They are a blessing in my family and in the life of my family.

2 comments:

A mother heart said...

cute cute! little alina looks just like i remember caroline looking at that age. she is such a jones!

Kristal said...

That last picture is AWESOME! Mom and dad are fantastic, and you having 5 kids is fantastic. Now just move them closer to my 5 and we can all live happily ever after!!!!!