Sunday, November 28, 2010

What's around the next bend?


I often wonder it that is the question running through Keith's head.

Don't take me wrong. Keith's HAPPY!

But as I think about the man I married 8 years ago, a very level-headed, calm, thoughtful, spiritual man, who planned out every event in his life with care and wisdom. I wonder....if now days he is asking himself, what's around the next bend?

I didn't realize when I married him how useful all those traits that Keith posses would be for me and our family in the coming years. But as I reflect on the past five or six years in particular, I'm so grateful that he is the man sitting next to me on this wild journey of building a family life.

Our life together as a couple and a developing family has been like a fast moving train winding up a mountain side. Like the one on the Polar Express. I guess that makes me one of the crazy engineers up front and Keith the calm, fun, wise conductor. Anyways, there have been times to relax, take in the view, sip hot cocoa, and sing songs. But just as we get settled in, the crazy fun begins, the train starts to wind and move faster, not knowing what's around the next bend. Fortunately for us, all good things have been waiting for us with each turn and the kids seem to be enjoying the ride.

How grateful I am to have Keith sitting beside me on this journey of life. He's calm, reassuring ways, keeps me going when things get busy around here. I know that I can trust his advice in every situation, and his support in never-ending. He takes everything in stride and can see the good in it, when I can't. I am so grateful that I can have someone good and worthy to trust and follow through life. He is the leader in our home that I can BELIEVE in.

Happy Anniversary, Keith!


3 comments:

Shaelyn said...

Aww that is sweet. Good luck in your journey of life together!!

Greg and Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary! Seems like yesterday that Greg and I were singing at your luncheon! Darling pics of the kids.

Lanae said...

Happy anniversary. I'm sure glad Keith picked you! It sure makes my life a lot better. Who knows who I could have been stuck vacationing with...
Tell Kendall that I would love nothing more than to have a girlie night at your house and paint my toes. Maybe we could send Garrett and Keith this way and swap for a weekend!