Monday, May 12, 2008

Treasures from Mother's Day


For mother's day, I was greeted in bed at the crack of 9:00 am with roses, cards and lots of hugs and kiss. Nothing better! Garrett also gave me the three caterpillars he had collected the day before, which are already making their cocoons in the bug cage. We made a yummy breakfast and enjoyed the morning. The kids were sick so I was the only one to go to church because I had to teach Young Women. Odd to go to church without kids to schlep along. After Church we BBQ steaks and watched the Office. Joy!
On the Friday before Mother's Day, Garrett's preschool had a luncheon for the mothers. I can kick myself for not bringing a camera, because the sang songs, preformed poems with sigh language, and read books to us. Soooo cute! When we came in I had to read all the place mats until I found one that best described me, written by my son. It was funny to read that most of the mom's favorite drinks were, "Adult Drinks". The kids must hear that a lot from their mommies, which made me not feel as bad about my coke habit. Plus I was pleasantly surprised that many of the mothers favorite drinks were, "cokes".
They also gave us the adorable flowers with a little butterflies attached.

I only wish my favorite hobby was exercise, than maybe Weight Watcher would have to be my favorite TV show. We do make soup a lot and I eat tons of oatmeal. I'm loving 36 pounds, in fact, I'd take 36 plus 100 pounds.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Where does she like to go?...to the store!

How many times have I run into you at the store??!! Too funny.

A mother heart said...

Love it! Favorite show...Weight Watchers, of course!

I'm shocked that he didn't say you you like to go to Chic-fil-A to get a coke!

Unknown said...

I loved Keiths tribute to you. Bill always says he wants to post something - he's all talk. I tried calling you on Keiths phone today. I got set up on Ding finally - hoping it reminds me ALL day so I dont forget. Im dying to come out. Have you decided when your coming out here?

kristal said...

I love that Garrett thinks your 18. My kids sometimes say I'm in my 90's...I need to teach them better. And how great is it that you got catterpillers for Mother's day? I really don't know anyone else that did, believe it or not! Very sweet!

Kerri said...

I love that post!!! First, I laughed about the "adult drink", we call it "mommy's drink" at our house!! The paper that described you is priceless too ... love that!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fabulous Mothers day!!I was reminded that I am as "pretty as a pine cone" What does that mean? Nothing wrong with those Mom bevrages exept a couple extra punds I don't need. Man that kid of yours knows you well!!

Unknown said...

Post, sister, POST!

Greg and Tammy said...

I love it! 36 pounds, huh? :) Happy Mother's Day you darling mother! Love the list that Keith created of things he loves about you! what a cutie.