Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 2 - Monticello

We love going to Monticello! It's beautiful grounds and new museum exhibits are more interesting for the kids.



Keith gave me a new lens for Christmas, but it wasn't until Monticello that I had time to play with it. So while everyone went through the house tour, I keep Jeff and Kendall outside for a photo shoot. Unfortunately it was sunset, cloudy and my subject would not hold still.

OK I just think this is a awesome picture that I took of Monticello at sunset.

Awesome Jeff posing on a rock for me to practice with my new lens.

On the side of the house Jefferson had a shallow small pond where he keep fish, so that he could have fresh fish. The kids thought it was a wishing pond. While throwing sticks into the water, the kids were all making wishes.
Garrett throw a stick, then said, "I wish I was 8" So that he can get a dog.
Sweet Jeff, throw a stick, then said, "I wish I were a dog!" That's one better. I want to eat that kid up. SWEET!

1 comment:

Greg and Tammy said...

GReat pics Tam! You do a good job of capturing the "candid moments". So fun having family visit!!