Monday, January 19, 2009

Why? How? Where? Who?

All day long, Garrett is asking questions. What does apprehensive mean? Where is El Dorado? Who's Elvis Presley? My favorite, that I get asked every day is, how does electricity work?
I should be enjoying his curiosity, but it's exhausting answering questions which lead to more questions. Also half the questions he asks I don't know if I really know the answer anyways.
More about Garrett is he likes to skip! Ya, skip! He's a big boy so it take some effort to skip. But when he is happy and running around the house playing, he skips from place to place.
He also is very good at saying "I forgive you" when Kendall or anyone else wrongs him and says they are sorry. I think because he recently learned what saying I'm sorry really means.
It's interesting how creative Garrett seems to be. Like today we collected papers from all the furniture at Sam's Club, then on the way home the kids had lollipops. When we got home Garrett made a beeline for the office drawers. Punched holes in the paper, bent the leftover stick from the lollipop through the holes and taped the stick together. Wah-lah, a flip charter!
He constantly comes to us with a list of supplies that he needs for a project in his mind.
Yesterday he made a clock out of the cardboard bottom of frozen pizza, foam heart sticker, bendy wire, hole punch, and markers.


Kendall, ah Kendall, she is her own little spirit. She's a girly-girl. She likes to play dress up and sing songs to herself. And she really doesn't mind who sees her prising. She loves her "Gay-yet". When we are at the store, she likes to point out things that "Gay-yet" would like. And pretty much out whole day centers around, when Garrett gets home. I can't blame her on that though, I feel the same way. We miss him when he is gone to school.

Taryn likes to play peek a boo. Especially when you are changing her dipe-dipe. !
She really thinks you can't see her when her hands or over her eyes. She also like to run away from you when I call for her. Rotten baby!
Which while we are talking about diaper change, Taryn tends to make "pellets" for poop. Easy to change, but smelly! Yuk!
Taryn also has a hair fetish! Since she was 6 or 7 months, she likes to rub hair. She rubs her own between her two fingers while she drinks her bottle. When I hold her or snuggle with her in bed she LOVES to rub my hair. Also she likes to suck on it too, which isn't so much fun.

3 comments:

Emily Merchant said...

Cute kid stories. I love all the kid questions -- sometimes I feel like my head will explode.

Kristal said...

Ah, these last 4 or 5 posts were soo fun! Your CHristmas party looked like a lot of fun, Garrett's Christmas suite is soo handome, Congrats to Keith on the cake presentation, and Garrett, how do babies get into the mommy's tummies?

Ruth said...

Pellets may smell but when it takes 6 wipes to get the tar off a butt, you would gladly take pellets and hold your nose! Oh, I loved your last post too, sometime I will have to tell you about my families experience with the barbie condo and a case of beer. We love you tons.........Ruth