Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 3 - Skating

I still feel bad about this day, but as always Lanae and Brian were positive and made this day into the BEST possible situation.
First off, our brand new big screen TV blow out! Yes not picture. Thanks heavens, we could still return it to Walmart and Brian was here to help with the move.
Then on the way to meet the boys for lunch our van over heated and had to be towed. NICE! Argh! Luckily we broke down close to the Manassas pow dunk mail. Lanae got to shop at H & M, the kids played on the coin rides, Brian rented a car at Sears, Keith had the car towed, and I bought a coke and watched the kids.
Lanae really wanted to take the kids skating in the cold weather. I'm not going to lie to ya I saw this event ending the tears for everyone, but it was a great day for everyone.

We took everyone to the pavilion in Old Town Manassas for ice skating. To my great surprise my big ole boy, Garrett was actually really good at ice skating. I was think he is going to be uncoordinated because he is so big but he seems to have good balance and courage to try anything.




When we came home to warm up and have some hot cocoa. Then we decided to go see the DC Temple lights, out for pizza, and try to find a new TV. Poor Keith and Brian didn't really enjoy sitting in the kids room watching the little crummy TV.

No comments: