Friday, September 11, 2009

9 months is not forever

As any women knows who has been pregnant, even though it is a beautiful experience, it is still uncomfortable and difficult to get things done. I want to enjoy this more but all day while I'm taking care of the kids and the house, all I think is, "This will be some much easier when I'm not pregnant!" So here is a little list of things that I hate doing while pregnant. (Actually I don't enjoy doing these things in general, but they are particularly hard to do while carrying around an extra 50 lbs.)


-Cleaning the hard wood floors. (Our hardwood floors have not been mopped since my Mom was here the first of August. Yuck!)


-Cleaning the bathrooms. Not only is it hard to bend over to clean the toilets, floors and shower, but this smells and overall grossness of the room makes me want to throw up.


-The wash! Never ending cycle of clothes! And the more kids we have the more wash!


-Okay just cleaning the house in general is painful and stinks! I can't bend or I want to throw up or pee my pants! There you have it!


-Changing diapers and for that matter helping the kids dress themselves. I love my kids.


-Baths! Thank heavens Garrett can do his own and helps me with the sisters, but I still have to wash their hair and body or go through a whole bottle of shampoo in one bath. I do love my big boy who takes care of himself completely!


-Driving! I love to get out but it hurts me to sit in the car.


-Seating in church for three hours. Not be to gross but by the end of Relief Society, I feel like I'm sitting on my baby's head, and that's not good. Only to go home, fix dinner and entertain the kids for the next eight hours with wholesome activities like Scooby Doo. I'm a bad mom.


-Sleeping! Although I spend the whole day waiting for the night so that I can rest, by the time I do hit the bed my feet are throbbing and swollen, and the heartburn has kicking in so I miserable. Then I have to force myself to stop thinking about all the things I didn't get done in the day because I move so slow go to sleep. Once I do get myself to sleep, I'm up every two hours going to the bathroom or with aches and pains of being so HUGE! Not to mention the nights when I'm just up for no good reason, watch infomercials or staring at the computer.


-Crying! Yes, like most pregnant women I cry or over-react to everything. My sweet Garrett has spend the summer asking me, "Are you crying because you are happy or sad, Mom?" I always answer happy because I don't think he would understand I'm crying for no good reason at all. Ah, hormones! A neccesary evil of pregnancy.

No comments: