Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My little Co-pay Baby

I've come to realize that the third child has to keep up with the other two. In their little mind they are five years old, the same as the other two, but their little one year old body is not able to preform all the tasks that their head thinks they should try. The end result is tears, blood, bruises, a trips to the Doctor and a co-pay. Taryn makes me grateful for insurance co-pays, because I'm sure the co-pay is much cheaper then the full bill.
Let me back up, one of my kids favorite games is hide and seek in the house. Taryn of course joins right in and finds her own hiding places, which are usually the curtains or the hall closet. Her only give away is her toes are always sticking out. (See picture below) I love those toes. So you can imagine my sadness when two weeks ago I heard a bang, scream and tears. Garrett came running upstairs to tell me that the bar stool had fallen on Taryn as she was getting down off the counter and then off the stool. Yes, I'm the world's best mother, who watches my kids all the time, so that they are perfectly safe at every moment.

Anyways, I ran downstairs to find two of those cute little toes swollen with the toenails slanted vertical and not horizontal to the toe. I called Keith, who told me to call the Warners, for advice. The poor Warners get bugged by us so much, but I don't know what I'd do without them. They suggested I go in to the Doctor because it sounded like there was a hemorrhage behind the toenail that was building up pressure, plus I don't have it in me to cut off the toenail so that I didn't ripe.
Off the the Pediatrician we go. The Doctor said was exactly what happened to her toe. They numbed the toe, then popped the blood blister under the toenail, wrapped it up and told me to go home and wait for the nail to fall off. Nice!
My sweet Garrett comforted Taryn my reading books to her on the sofa. Her favorite thing to do. These two are buddies!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yuck. You have had some serious hospital visits with your kids. I'm sooo glad that for whatever reason, I've lucked out so far. I'm sure my time is coming. But for now...with the toenail story~ Yuck.

Shaunae said...

Poor little girl! Corynn is my co-pay girl, just all the bad genes. :)