Sunday, March 13, 2011

At first I was afraid, I was petrified

Kept thinkin' I could never live without you by my side,
(Come on, sing along)
But then I spent a few night alone (with 5 small children)
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along

Go on now go, walk out the door
and enjoy your weekend away,
'Coz, you're coming back for more.
Weren't you the one, who wanted all these little kids,
We thought I'd crumble?
We thought I'd lay down and die?
Oh, no not I! I will survive
For as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my love to give
I'll survive!
I will survive!
Hey hey!

Sorry Diana Ross for massacring your famous song, but this is the tune that has been running through my head for the past four days with Keith gone to Salt Lake. I've been dreading this weekend for over 6 weeks now, with visions of me not sleeping, crying and screaming. Fortunately for all who dwell here in the Jones home, it hasn't been that bad.
Less sleep then I'd like, but I will survive.
Crying, not by me, but I'm sure they will survive.
And okay a little screaming by me, but once again, I'm sure we will all SURVIVE.
(But only for four day. Any longer then that, and I may come unraveled.)

Thanks Heaven for Dad!
My new song will be, "I'm so glad when Dad comes home"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats hillarious how that song fit your life - I wish I could have been there to help you "survive"

Kristal said...

oooh, I've been dreading this week for you too....again, I say, MOVE HERE! Keith can teach at NPC and we can live off the land. It'll be a happier life for all. COME SISTER!