Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garrett the Great

As my little boy bubbles over with excitement that he is turning 5, I am a wee-bit sad that he is growing up so fast. I know I baby him too much but he is my first and I was 32 when I had him. I waited a long time to spoil my very own baby.

Garrett is a lover boy. He loves to hug and snuggle and kiss. I LOVE that about him. He's also very tender. He cares about how others are doing and wants to make sure everyone is happy. He has a soft heart and often will let you know, "That hurt my heart". His tenderness has made is easy to help him understand the Holy Ghost and whispering of the Spirit. He'll often say, "I feel the Holy Ghost and he makes me happy!"

If there is fun to be had, Garrett will find it. He's all about the fun. He's quick to get silly, which may pose a problem with all day Kindergarten. Wait and see... Garrett enjoys life. He's not afraid to take chances or try new things. He looks at most situations as an opportunity to meet new buddies and try new things. I hope this fearlessness is always there.

But he is also a pleaser. He doesn't want anyone to be disappointed with him. Like most small children, he thrives off praise. He often says, "Are you proud of me, Mom?" He has recently acquired the knowledge that almost every situation has rules or guidelines for proper behavior. He enjoys pointing them out to me and Kendall for our correction. Now if he could only follow his good advice in Sunday school. Poor Sister Losee, bless your heart! Obedience is a difficult task, when weighted against the fun of the moment. It's all part of growing up, Big Guy!

Garrett is a friend maker. He has no problem walking up to an kid and just starting to play. Mr. Social Bug!

He is still very immature and easily impressed by others. Especially, boys who are bigger then him. He would have loved to have been the second child to an older brother. But he loves his sisters. He gets that Kendall is a girl, and should like dolls and play food, but he loves that she will also play Rescue Heroes and Dinosaurs with him too. He just LOVES Taryn. I can't keep his hands off her. One of his favorite phrases is, "She's so cute!" Then he squeezes her cheeks or gives her a big hug.




I love Garrett's deep blue eyes. When I look into them, I see all his fun, innocence, kindness, and love of life. He's cute little round face makes me see myself in him. Those gigantic hands and feet scream Jones. And when he smiles at ya, it just melts your heart. And can I just say one more thing about Garrett's physical attributes, his hair is like a pelt. His head of hair is a like bear fur. It's almost impossible to get the shampoo out of his hair. He went from none as a baby to enough for three people.

Oh how I love my Garrett the Great! I see so much potential for good in him. I hope he enjoys life's experiences. I pray that I teach him all that he needs to know to accomplish his goals and find true happiness in this life and the life to come.

No comments: