Monday, August 11, 2008

Vacationing at the Guttery's

( Even after a week at the Guttery's, Kendall still was a little leering of her cousins and Aunts. Miss Macy can make some silly faces.)

After traveling with all the kids in the car on two separate trips we decided NOT to take the girls to Canada. Also I never get to spend as much time with my sisters as I'd like too. Therefore we decided to have Keith take Garrett to Canada and the girls and I spent a week at the Guttery home. It was so nice and relaxing. We went swimming everyday, which Kendall thought was great. We sat around on the sofa and ate a lot of really good food. It was a treat to watch the Guttery's in action. That is a busy home. There was a teenager party the first night we were there and a party the last. In fact not a day went by the there was not a few extra teenagers running through that home. Vonda and Bill are busy talking with not only their own kids but all the youth that come around. Many excellent examples of parenting were performed while I watched. I have always been grateful for the support and love Vonda and Bill show to me, but now as a mom I am grateful for their Christlike parenting skills.

Sunday, Kristal and Danice decided to display their table scape skill for Sunday dinner. And heaven forbid we forget the kids table. The meal and company was great.Not to mention the awesome concoction for a drink they came up with.
While we were there Kayla tried out for American Idol. Even if they didn't pick her she made it on the local news. We think your great anyways Kayla.

Ah, Brio's!! Yummy! We enjoyed a sister lunch, which I wish we could do more often. I love hearing about what's going on with my sisters. They all have such busy lives, it's hard to always keep up. I love my sisters and am so grateful that we do get together as often as possible. They are my eternal friends.




Crazy faces left on my camera!











No comments: