Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


This is my favorite picture of our boys. I think this is the first picture ever taken of Keith and Garrett. I LOVE it! Keith's a natural!



Today as Keith was standing on our bed trying to hang a ceiling fan with Garrett and Kendall jumping on the bed and pushing their way through his legs, my first thought was I wish I had a camera. But then I realize what made this moment so great was that patient, kind, loving father, who easily could have yelled at the kids too go away, but instead he was laughing at the great time they were having "helping" him hang the ceiling fan. The ceiling fan is still laying all over the floor, but that's OK.



Few things give me greater joy then to hear Keith and the kids upstairs staying prayers, getting pennies for the their piggy banks, singing songs, and reading scriptures. The kids love that time of the day. And for some reason, they prefer Dad reading scriptures to me. When Keith's gone and I read to them, they will ask when Dad's going to come home to read again.
How blessed we are to have a great father, who does so much for us. We love you, Keith. Happy Father's Day!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

I agree, you married a great guy!! Keith has always been such a loyal friend. I am grateful that we created such fun memories during our "single" years and how fun to still stay in touch with your family!!

Loved seeing all the pics of you guys in the basement! You guys are troopers!!

Jamie said...

What a great Daddy!!!!

A mother heart said...

I forgot what a big round head Garrett had. I love that first picture where he is looking at Keith out of the corner of his eyes. It's like he was saying 'who is this guy'?

Darrell is the same way when the girls 'help' him with chores. Good daddies are so important!

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

I love the posts...it's always fun to catch up on life. Hey, I just moved to my family ward and it's the same ward as Keith's parents. Small mormon world.
JJ

Unknown said...

He is a great dad and I can see him being a very patient understanding dad of teenagers too.

Whats the latest weigh in???

Kristal said...

Amen, I'm still way behind on the father's day post...blah! But I LOVE the pics of baby taryn 2 posts down, and hot dang, Marie looks great. I'm sure you'[ll be there in no time...I however, am stuck, bound to have a pregnacy pooch forever. COME HOME!