Saturday, June 21, 2008

Things I'm grateful for...

So my little sister does this every once in a while and I like it. So here we go...

  1. Three health children. We are a little sick right now, but nothing life threatening. It is my biggest worry for my kids to hurt.
  2. A patient and helpful husband. I hit the husband jackpot lottery. No only is he great to me but he's wonderful with the kids.
  3. A big yard to work in. Lately I spend the majority of the day out in the yard, basically moving plants. Yes moving them because I've planted almost every single one in the wrong place the first time.
  4. Good friends. In particular the Judy Fords, Linda Warners and LeeAnn Hansens in my life. Keith likes to tease me that I attract a more mature group of friends. Excluding LeeAnn, many of my friends are over 50, which isn't old, but when you think that they don't have any children left in the home and I have all of my here all day. It's odd.
  5. Nutrisystem. Every day I tell Keith how much I've lost and then the phrase, "This diet is AMAZING!" I'm never hungry and yet I've been losing about a lb a day. WOW! Say it with me, "Holy Cow!"
  6. Legos.. Best toy for little boys.
  7. Great sisters! They are my support and stabilizer. Each one in different ways help me to be a better mom, wife and person.
  8. Modern conveniences such as blogs, digital cameras, and camcorders, that make it possible to document my life and in particular my children's life.
  9. Disposable diapers! Ya, that's right diapers. I know we take these for granted in the decade, but every time I change a whooper of a dipe-dipe, I think to myself, "I am so glad I don't have to take this to the sink and rinse it out to use tomorrow. Yuck! So thank you Pampers!
  10. My calling in the Young Women. I love those girls. And I hope it's preparing me to serve my own daughters. In fact, I'm grateful for Kieth's calling too. He is a great dad and husband anyways, but I can see how working with our great Stake Presidency, the High Council, and Bishoprics has given him great insight and appreciation for the our family and the little thing in this life that truly brings happiness. I can't complain about the little time he has to spend away because it is made up in the quality of time he spends with me and the kids.
  11. Sleep! Need I say more.. And thinking of which I need to go to sleep right now. So that's it for now. Sure there are more so I'll have to add on later.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Great list!!!! I too am very, very grateful for disposeable diapers! Man would my life have stunk today if cloth diapers were my only option!

Lanae said...

i want some before and after/progress pics of this great diet! post please

Unknown said...

I feel like I havent talked to you in forever! So excited to have you come stay - lets make a list of things we must do (hopefully all at my house) and never leave (except for a good meal)

I wanna do nutra system - how many lbs so far???