Friday, June 20, 2008

A week of fun!


(Josh and Becka at the parks for a picnic.)

Our buddy Josh is spending the week with us while his Mom and Dad are in Paris! Good time for every one. Garrett has been so excited about this week, he could barely stand himself. These two boys have made the most of every single minute. They have done puzzles, rode bikes, set up Geo tracks, built legos, sidewalk chalk art show, numerous blanket forts built, helped me work on the yard, played in the sandbox, and much, much more.

For the most part, I don't think Josh has missed his parents, but last night. I let the kids watch a living scripture video and have popcorn and juice in bed for scripture reading time, because I was on the phone with my sister and didn't want to get off, and Keith was working late. Needless to say, they loved every minute of that! Then they brushed their teeth, went to the bathroom, and Garrett said prays. He blessed Josh's parents to come home safe and all the other usual pray blessing. I kissed the boys and tucked them in thinking they'd be out in five minutes. But about the fifteen minutes later I could hear Josh crying. I asked what was wrong, and he told me. About five times cause I could understand him through the tears. But I finally figured it out. "Garrett didn't bless my brothers and sisters, what if they aren't OK? We hoped out of bed and blessed those siblings. And to even make things better, we called Anne Taylor to arrange a picnic with with his sister Becka.

Josh reminded me of two things. First is the security and love that each of us have for our siblings. And second is the trust and faith each of us should have in our Heavenly Father that He takes care of what we pray for. Literally two minutes after our second pray, both boys were fast asleep. What a blessing to have children who rely on and love their Heavenly Father.

We love Josh and are so glad he came to our house to visit for the week. I am sure his parents are missing him.


We love MceeDee's Kong Fue Panda Happy meals.



I sure Josh is thinking, "Dude, get off me, your not my type." But they were both so worn out, they just crashed on the sofa.

They both tried to play it cool when they woke up in each others arms.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

How fun for Garrett to have a buddy for a week. Poor little guy. I sure wish I had that much faith. Sometimes I just loose sight of the mark.
Miss ya,
Jamie

Lanae said...

those last two pics are classic! soooo funny can't wait to see yall