Sunday, April 6, 2008

Caterpillars, Racoons and Butterfies!



This weekend while cleaning up the yard, Garrett found a caterpillar and decided to take him as a pet. He told Keith, "It's a big responsibility, but I'm four now and can do it!"
(This phrase has come from years of me telling Garrett that he can't have a puppy till he is eight, because it's a big responsibility. I picked eight because I figured by then I'd be done have children myself and be ready for me to take on a new responsibility of caring for a dog.)
Later in the day, Garrett was telling Keith that, "Caterpillars grow a racoon and climb inside to turn into a butterfie."
Keith corrected him, "You mean a cocoon?"
Garrett responded, "Some people call them cocoons, and some people call them racoons"
So just take your pick.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I'm with Garrett on this one.

I like racoon.

Jamie said...

What a cutie and he does sound very grown up!

Greg and Tammy said...

Love that story! I also appreciate your General Conference thoughts... it was so rich and fulfilling, huh?!! I loved it. I need a good mentor with our food storage, so I'm grateful for your advice and suggestions. Need to get our act together. Yes, I do want popcorn and a shake shake shake. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

kristal said...

I pick racoons. My kids have never seen a real cocoon. Tons of racoons in TEx, but no cocoons. Tell Garrett to grow one and take pictures of it for his cousins.