Thursday, April 10, 2008

A few things l discovered...

while cleaning out the basement. For the past few weeks, (and yes, it has taken me a few weeks) I've been cleaning out and reorganizing the basement. We've decided finished or not we need to move the toys to the basement. So I have to move everything I don't want the kids rummaging through to the back of the basement. Plus I still haven't fully put away all the holiday stuff.



In February, I decided it was time I finally take down the Christmas wreath from the front door. I remember it was a windy day, so I just reached out and grabbed the wreath, then just throw it, and I mean literally throw it down to the basement.
Well now it's April and I picked up that wreath to put it away in the Christmas crap and noticed three little round things rolling out of it. Eggs! Little baby bird eggs that never reached their full potential from a nest that was attached to the back of the wreath and sitting downstairs for two months. Sad and kind of gross at the same time.
The kids were so excited, yet sad for the nest, so we decided to relocate it to the locate tree in hopes that someone new could occupy this well made nest.


Next I found that I am a little crazy for dress up clothes. I have four large bins for silly dress-up clothes I've been collecting since I was a school teacher. Good Well could use many of these outfits but I just can't part with them.
Also I realized that I love holiday crap!! I come by it honestly with my mother's great influence. She made every holiday fun and magical. Thus, I love to transform our house into a magical place that reflects whatever holiday we are celebrating at the time. I hope my children enjoy it and have great memories of every holiday.
The down side is the large amount of money I spend purchasing all the paraphernalia necessary to create a land of magic.



4 comments:

Denise said...

All your crap is part of your charm!

But how exciting that your kids will have a place to call their own!

Melanie said...

Oh, I have so much crap too! I love all the holidays as well and cringe at the boxes and boxes I have in storage. Of course, no one does the holidays as well as you! I love your place at Halloween.

Andrea said...

And if it wasn't for all your holiday "crap" I never would have been introduced to Big Lots!

kristal said...

I'm a ltitle crazy for dressup clothes too!!!! You can never have too much! Good job on finding the nest. That's a find!