Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here a hole, there a hole..

Like the boys on "Holes", I sometimes wonder why I'm digging so many holes? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find a treasure, and there is no one with a gun forcing me to dig. (Garrett often asks me why it takes me so long to dig a hole, and Kendall is rather opinionated about where she'd like me to dig, but no one is forcing me.)



I guess I've caught the spring time gardening bug. I long to have shade for my children to play under. I hate that we feel like a fish bowl up on our hill with everyone watching every move we make. I want pretty flowers for my children to smell and/or destroy.
I have enjoyed learning about flowers, shrubs, and trees. And it's great to see my kids so excited about moving dirt. We have completely neglected our house and children (poor Taryn) And I can honestly say that landscape crews are worth every penny you pay them. We're almost through with the flowerbed out front, so when I'm through I'll post pictures.
Off to dig another hole

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cant wait to see the pictures and dont you love working outside. I love it right now - ask me again in a month.

A mother heart said...

I've been digging lots of holes myself. My back patio looks totally different and I wish I had taken before pictures! So fun to see things grow and flower!