Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Will you marry me?


I waited a long time to here those words, "Will you marry me?" And I didn't even react the right way when Keith did say those words to me. I started to lecture him on all the things we had to do if we were going to get married just to make it work. Keith laughed and said something like, "Okay Tamee, I'm on board, but are you going to answer the question?" Poor guy, yet he still married me knowing what he was getting himself into.
Seems like lately I've been thinking a lot about Keith and I's courtship and wedding. I guess due to all the wedding excitement in our ward or that we've been asked to teach the marriage class for our ward. I feel grossly underqualified to teach this class but I have been told that we will be trained by a church representive exactly what the church wants the class to involve. I'm sure it will do great things for Keith and I's relationship and family.
I was and am blessed to have been guided to a great husband six years ago. He is the best choice I've ever made. Thanks to a little encouragement and direction from my sister, Vonda, and a great roommate, Marcie Kay. Because of him I am a better person. Not only does he encourage and support me in improving myself, but through him we have created opportunities for each of us to grow. Marriage truely is the higher order and covenant.
We have been blessed in so many way. I'm still amazed when I look at our beautiful children and realize they are mine. For many years I wondered if I would ever have the opportunity to bear and raising children.
Because of Keith we have been blessed with an extradinary life style and wonderful career opportunities. Keith has such flexibility to be around when I need him. We can take a lot of time off to go home and see family, because Keith can work just about anywhere. We also enjoy vactions two or three times a year planned around Keith's conferences for work. I love that part of the job.
We have also been blessed with many comforts, that I realize are not given to all. When I look at my house now and think about the tiny condo in the worst gang neighborhood in Tempe that I lived in for nine years, I'm humbled by the blessed the Lord has given me through marrying Keith.
I think one of the greatest blessing of marriage is always having your best friend right there. No matter whether things are going great or not so good, no matter where you are or what you are doing, someone else cares just about you. I know that I am the most important thing to Keith. Becuase of that security and support, I have a courage to be and do more. For that I am so grateful for a loving and worthy husband. Thank you, Keith!

So Andrea, Melanie and I were talking about the millions of things we would have done differently with our wedding now, but I guess at the time it must have been the best we could be. I miss being this skinny!! Argh!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

You made a beautiful bride! We missed you last night. So easy to do. Let me know when you want a tutorial.

Melanie said...

Love the wedding pics! Cute post Tamee.

dani said...

Wow you look flippin gorgeous! You did get a good one, I love this post.

Unknown said...

Bill and I knew Keith was a good guy but I dont thing any of us were close to knowing how GREAT he is - you two are perfect together and perfect to teach that class. BTW - your wedding couldnt have been better.

Lanae said...

what a hottie tamee! so fun to pull out the old pics and reminiss about waists that no matter how much ww meetings we attend may never be the same! bri was asking me if the scars on his leg look funny, i had to grin and think of my "well-used" body. i do agree that we got the best of the best when it came to finding husbands. bri and i drove by the chilis on campus that we doubled with you on some of those first dates, it was so fun to be involved in your dating time. i was so excited when keith took me to approve the ring, and so stoked to get to have a sister in law in tuscon! that first christmas getting trees at home depot was a blast! playing tennis at the appartment and watching hopefully when you and keith were flirting in the pool. thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Navy Blue Cardigan said...

I love the wedding pictures! And I think we all wish we fit into the clothes we did when we were married...maybe someday. :)

Paula said...

That Keith is one lucky guy! Love you Tamee!!!

Jamie said...

I am glad it is you teaching that class and not me. I did ask to be released and hopefully it will be the bishop completely understood my situation. Isn't it crazy the roads life takes us on. You did get a great guy and I wish I were as skinny as I was way before my wedding!!

kristal said...

Oh, I totally agree, there is soo much I would have changed at my wedding...like, I would have ran a brush through my hair, maybe puton some mascara, and defiantey would have hire a photographer rather than my 12 year old neices and nephews withd isposable cameras at the tables. Yea, be grateful.
And I agree, Keith is great,a nd I love you two together. You're perfect. I've been the same way with jase lately. I haven't been that way with him in a long time, but I just want to be with him all day, and squeeze him. Seriously, not normal for me, you know this. But husband's are great, and I'm glad all of us girls got such great ones!