Friday, June 12, 2009

End of the Year County Fair Party

This was an end of the year party like no other party I had ever been to. This party was like a real County Fair. There was about ten booths with huge prizes at every one. I could tell that we were going to be going home with more candy then we do at Halloween.
They start off by autographing each other's t-shirts, which was quite the mess trying to make all their names fit into a 12 X 15 box provided. We are working with Kindergartners here, who write 2 inch letters. Anyways, they thought it was great and made for a cute keepsake.
Next they munched on a hot dog, chips and punch while a they enjoyed a clown show. Of course, Garrett found himself a spot next to his favorite friend Rachel. I did find out from Rachel's Mom and Dad the the feelings are mutual. She talks about Garrett just as much as Garrett talks about Rachel. They were really cute to watch. We hope to have more play dates with Rachel this summer.
Garrett and I were the first to try the "Bubble Thing". This amazing little stick with rope make HUGE bubbles just by running across the grass. Garrett and I had a blast playing with this thing. I'm defiantly buying one of these for Garrett Birthday party.

The competitive side of Garrett couldn't stop playing the Bean Bag Toss until he mastered throwing all six bag successfully into the holes. Good times!

After playing all the other nine booths, Garrett decided what he wanted the face painter to make him into......a dog. Cutest little dog I've seen all day.
What a fun end of the year party. I hope Garrett's expectations have not been set to high, because I doubt of he'll ever have a end of the year party quite this big.

3 comments:

Emily Merchant said...

Wow! Public school doesn't throw bashes like this. I think you may have been a little spoiled.

Looks like a great time, though. Glad he had such a good year!

Shaunae said...

He does make a darling dog. He is such a little stud. I love his cap and gown. I wish more kid graduations had these. They make the whole thing MUCH more cute.

Jen said...

I need a bubble blower like that!