Friday, June 12, 2009

One down and about four or five more to go...


Yesterday while we were getting our handsome little man ready for Kindergarten graduation, I was thinking about my own experiences with graduation.

I remember graduating from Kindergarten, in the old gym in Joseph City. Mary Law, the world's best Kindergarten teacher, had us act out The Billy Goats Gruff. We sang songs at Mary pounded on the piano, while leading the music with one finger. I remember the excitement and thrill of having all my family watch me. I don't know if I was shy or a Ham like suspect I was, but our little Garrett tends to get a little stage fright. He tends to stare blankly, whisper the words to the songs, which I know he knows the words too and only do a few actions. So, you can imagine my great surprise when at last night performance, Garrett actually sang most of the words to every song and do most of the actions. He even stopped to smile out at his Mom and Dad. I was so proud.

Now if we can make it through the next four or five graduations in Garrett's life.
Kendall enjoyed every minute of the music and dance.

Garrett was so excited to wear the cap and gown. He was a little nervous when his name was called to cross the stage and get his diploma and hug from the teacher. He just made a beeline across the stage grabbed the diploma, bypassed the hugs from the teacher and opportunity for Mom to get a photo, and he headed straight for the door. O-well! We'll practice that for the next graduation in Jr. High.

Handsome Garrett in his black suit!
I love my man.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats Garret!