Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My little Hatch girl!

Everything about Kendall screams, "Hatch". I see her make the same funny faces and say and do crazy things my nieces all did. Lately she has been cracking Keith and I up with the funny stuff that comes out of her mouth.
Like when she refers to Garrett it is never just, "Garrett needs a cup, too" its, "My Garrett, needs a cup, too." or "My Garrett, took my toy rat away" and "I like my Garrett." Taryn also receives the affectionate title of "My Taryn" and Daddy is "My Daddy" I'm never "My Mommy" thought. Huh!
Last Halloween she took to liking the rubber rat that I place out for decorations. He has now become her pet. She feed him, pets him, sleeps him next to her dolls, and snuggles with him. Like Garrett she has a vivid imagination, which she often plays make believe with the thin air. I love to catch her talking to herself.
She LOVES Max and Ruby. Often she'll ask to go lay on my bed and watch Max and Ruby reruns over and over again. Thank heaven for TiVo!
She is also in the, "I do it myself" phase of childhood. Which I should be grateful for but everything takes twice as long and twice as messy when they do it by themselves. I remember Garrett going through this same phase.
Like her Aunt Vonda, she has nice skin and the ability to make wacky faces. I'll catcher her in front of the mirror making faces at herself. Maybe this is a sign of a good self image.
Like any good Hatch girl, she also loves to dance and sing with me in the kitchen while we make dinner. Bring on the funk!

3 comments:

A mother heart said...

Love that last photo! I want to pinch those cute little cheeks!

Lanae said...

she reminds me so much of my little jeffey! he too loves admiring his many faces in the mirror and can make believe with the best of them...way cute posts

Emily Merchant said...

Oh, we love that Kendall. However, I think a toy rat would send this mom over the edge -- ewwww! Of course, I have a real rat issue...