Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The SURGE!


Two years ago, our wonderful home teacher gave us his youngest sons bike to give to Garrett for Christmas. "The Rhino Racer" has been a well used bike. Due to Garrett's constant growth spurts, this spring Keith and I noticed that Garrett's knees were by his ears while riding the 12' bike.
With a long summer ahead of us we decided for Family Home Evening, we'd go to Walmart to buy "The Surge". It's that a great name for a bike! Garrett was so excited that he rode it all over the store and gardening department, when we went to put it into the car to take it home he said, "I wish I was bigger, so that I could ride it home." So when we got to our neighborhood, Keith stopped to let Garrett ride the bike a block home.


Keith hates giving the kids a big present for no good reason, so we told Garrett that this was his present for completing the first year a school, not that he is going to get a presents after completing every year of school.
My biggest worry is him crashing on our steep driveway. You'd think I'd worry enough to put a helmet on him, but no.

We let Garrett ride up and down our cul-de-sac to practice on a somewhat flat surface. But that wasn't enough, Garrett wanted to race someone. Keith gave him a run for his money, but in the end Garrett was triumphant!
The first thing the next day, Garrett got dressed to go outside a ride. This bike is going to be a lifesaver for me this summer.

1 comment:

A mother heart said...

HOw fun! All of your pictures remind me of Massachusetts. So green and pretty!