Monday, November 24, 2008

Fourth day of Thanksgiving

On the fourth day of Thanksgiving,

I am thankful for my Mom and Dad, and my sisters.


It has always been great to have older sisters. When I was in elementary school, I loved listening to them talk about their exciting life, watch them put on their makeup, go to their activities, and wish that every thing that was happening to them would happen to me.
When I was high school, I couldn't wait to go to college, date, travel, go a mission, and marry a handsome man, just like my older sisters.
Then when I was in college and after my mission, I loved to go to my sister's house to play with my nieces and nephews. I could wait to have a family of my own, and be a mother just like my sisters.
And now that I am a mother, I'm grateful for faithful, loving sister and parents that continue to set the example and help me to become better.
I am grateful for sisters that are not only family but my best friends. I particular grateful for a little sister who is experiencing being a mother of young children at the same time as me. When I need anything my sisters are the first that I call upon.
I am most thankful for good parents, who continue to serve and care for their girls.
I am thankful for a mother who understood girls and was involved in our life at every stage. She has now become a supportive and loving grandma to our children.
I am thankful for a kind and caring father, who taught his daughters to be strong in what they believe to be true. Although Dad doesn't enjoy talking on the phone, I know that he loves each one of us and is proud of your commitment to live the gospel in our own families.
Because my parents have always believed in me, I have had the courage to seek after those things I desire. I am grateful for parents who sacrifice for the good of each other and our family.

1 comment:

kristal said...

Me too!

I'm sooo glad you're going through the same stages of momhood as me. I'd hate to be left behind trying to do this alone. And I'm glad my kids will always have those Jones kids for cousins since the rest of the sistas are done, and the Mulders just can't seem to get things going. Speaking of sisterly advice on mothering...speach therapist comes on the 10th! yay!!!!