Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Black Friday!

*Waking up at 4:00 am to stand in line..............................................................Painful

*Drudging the masses of crazy shoppers through Walmart...................................Frightening

*Paying for a 50" HDTV.................................................................$788.00 (Holy Cow!)

*Watching Keith set it up, and watch ESPN............................................................Joyful

*Renting Iron Man........................................................................................$5.00

*Watching a life size man dressed in iron fly toward me in my front room.............Priceless.

*And for all other things there is debt.

2 comments:

kristal said...

I've gotta say, it is frightful, but amazingly exciting at the same time. To slam into walmart with hundreds, maybe thousands and to find everything that's on your list before them and then to stand in a line that goes all the way around the store and make friends with some Navajos...I LOVE IT! Seriously Bet and I are going to do it every year...and we rewarded ourselves the same as last year...with a little IHOP! You need to be here next year to do it WITH US! It's even better WITH US! Glad you got your TV...glad and jealous...and don't you love Iron man?!

ctarbet said...

Tamee, I found your blog because you commented on Paige's blog! I can't believe you actually got the TV!! Everyone I have heard that went got there just as the person in front of them took the last one! I have no desire to be in a crowd of people like that, I have anxiety attacks just thinking about it (seriously). I like to shop in the day, during the week, when ALL of the kids are at school and most people are at work. Better yet, I shop online, by myself.