Monday, November 17, 2008

Twelfth and Eleventh days of Thanksgiving!

So I'm one day late on the twelve days of Gratitude. At least I'm grateful.
Our ward just finished a Fourteen Day Walk with Christ. I enjoyed reading the scripture verse and pondering that thought for the day. I was disappointed not to be able to go to the enrichment that closed the experience.
I notice that my sisters are doing a countdown to Thanksgiving, so I decided better late than never.

For my Twelfth day of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for health. I am grateful for my own health. I feel for blessed in my life to have good health body, and mind. I am acutely aware of the trials that others have, and the struggle that is causes in this mortal life. What a bless for the resurrection. I am grateful to have the strength, and capability for serve my little family, sweet husband, ward and neighbors. I pray that my Heavenly Father continues to bless me with this ability.
I am most grateful for a health family. As I listen and watch my sweet nephew struggle with brain cancer, I hurt for a pain that he is in and the experiences that he has to endure at such a young and tender age. The Lords wisdom knows what is good for each of us. Josh will be a strong and well prepared to receive the priesthood due to the life experiences of the past two years. And Ruth and Gordon are gaining eternal wisdom from helping a child through this trial.

For my Eleventh day of thanksgiving, I am grateful for my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. As we listened to the counsel given to us at Stake Conference I thought to myself, I am receiving guidance and information that so few know on this earth or for that matter in my own neighborhood. The knowledge that I receive through the gospel enriches my life in every way. I am a better mother because of my know that this is a divine not an earthy calling. My marriage is not an earthly agreement to be tossed about in the courts of this earth, it is a covenant I have made with my friend and my Heavenly Father. The daily trials that I experience are for my eternal good not just for the history of the life. I know what is right and what is wrong. There are no questions or experimentation with the fades of the world. The doctrine of Jesus Christ is eternal and unchanging. And so easily accessed through the scriptures, church and temple attendance and my prayers. I know that my testimony has much need of strengthening and refining but I'm grateful that the strength and wisdom it grants me each day.

No comments: