Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tenth and Ninth days of Thanksgiving

On the Tenth day of Thanksgiving, my computer wigging out, two of our TVs went on the fritz, and our camcorder has officially died, all of which have caused me to remember how nice "things" really are. Therefore, on the Tenth day of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for "things". We have so much, yet complain when our phones reception is poor in remote areas. When I think about all the little things that I enjoy everyday that so many do without, I can't help but be grateful. I am particularly grateful for all the household and child care things that make my job so much easier then when my poor mother was raising her children. Disposable diapers and wet wipes are high on my list of life changing inventions, because when I think about washing out clothes in the toilet or sink, it makes me want to be sick. So let's all give a big "Thanks Heavens" for all the things in our life.

On to the Ninth day of Thanksgiving, I am grateful for friends, old and new.
Yesterday, a dear old friend instant messaged with me. As we were typing back and forth, I thought how nice it was to catch up and remember our good old days of as single girls. I then went to the gym and was able to chat with my newer friends about day to day occurrences. Not to sound like a Hallmark card, but friends really do warm your heart, and help to carry you through this life.

3 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

Assuming I am one of those "old friends"... I'll just say that I'm grateful for you too!! :)

Unknown said...

Im like totally your best friends, so ya, like, thanks. BFF!

kristal said...

And I'm BFF when Vonda's not around, so yea, thanks. And the thinks thankfulness...A FREAKIN MEN! I think i'd be fine w/o our TV, but I need our computer, and I'm dying without a car this year with a dishwasher has made me much more grateful for at least having a washing machine! Yay for THINGS!