Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Something for myself

Keith has been on me to do something for myself. Probable so I don't complain when he goes golfing, or leaves for a few days. So we decided that I was going to fly home to go to my cousin Holly's Photography workshop. She awesome! I was SOOOO excited, alas that didn't not turn out. Keith felt bad so he began to search the Internet for a local affordable photo class. Long story short, he found one with Penn cameras.
Last weekend I went to a class on Photo shop for beginners in Tyson's Corner. I was so nice to learn something. I felt refreshed. Not that I am not completely happy being a mother, but it was nice to think of something other than dishes, diapers, and crayons without being interrupted. Now I just am waiting for my photo shop elements to come in the mail so that I can put all the knowledge to good use. Don't expect too much.
But I am taking another class next week on how to use my camera. Baby steps!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Isn't it nice to be able to get away. I love the chance to use my brain in different ways. I just got photoshop CS4 and I LOOVE it. I just caught the photography bug too. It is my new outlet. I can not wait to see some of the fruits of your labor!!:)

A mother heart said...

Elements if FUN. I wish I knew how to use it better. A class would be so nice.

Everyone needs a break now and then!

Unknown said...

You needed to do something for yourself - glad Ive got another photographer in the family!

Ruth said...

I am so impressed that you have talents and get to use them. I am glad you enjoy the camera, I think you are great at it. I miss you and hope all is well with your family.....Ruth