Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Baby Forest Gump!







Sweet little baby Taryn was dyagnosed with hip displacia at three weeks old. That's when the ball and socket of the hip do not meet or are not fully formed. They immediately put her in a Wheaton body Harness, that made her look a bit like a baby Forest Gump. She has never complained or fussed at wearing the harness, unlike her mother. It was a bit of a pain to change diapers. Note to others who may have to enjoy this adventure, buy one size bigger diapers and clothes. They fit under and over the brace better. Also trying to figure out how to restrap all that velcor at 3:00 am, sometimes seemed like a puzzle I could not solve. And velcor does not clean well. But we survived and now she's out of the harness. We hope and pray that the correction has been made complete, and she won't have any other complications with her hips.
Through our every other week visits to the Radiologist for ultrasounds and then two days later to the Pediatric Orthopaedic Dr. in DC, I realized there are so many children suffering with much worse situations. I am so grateful for knowledgeable Doctors who take such good care of our children. And for insurance, I know copays are a drag, but 35 bucks is doable compared to the $150.00 that a single ultrasound would cost!









6 comments:

Unknown said...

Forest is FREE! I didnt notice the brace when you were here. LoVe those pictures, wish I could squeeze her.

Kristal said...

I didn't notice it either! I'm glad she has it off!!! I'm sure uncle Jasey would be proud of her found hip placement!

Denise said...

She is too cute!

Melanie said...

I found you Tamee!! I LOVE the blog. You are so eloquent! And your pictures are just adorable.

Navy Blue Cardigan said...

You Sneaker! I found you too (thanks to Melanie's blog)! Taryn is cute as a button, with our without braces, but I'm glad to hear that the outcome is looking good. I can't wait to read more posts and show Cleo pictures of you guys -- 2 1/2 years after leaving Virginia she still talks about Garrett and every time we eat at Panera she reminds me that that's where we eat with Garrett!

Greg and Tammy said...

My brother actually had the same thing! Those braces are difficult! You are one amazing mommy. Glad she is done.