Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Evolution of the FHE group...



About a year or so back I started a Family Home Evening Exchange group, thanks to the inspiration of my good friend, Denise. It was a blast to get 10 new FHE kits every other month. However, not so much fun to color, cut and plan the FHE kit. Lately we've all decided that we are all filled up on FHE kits, so I suggested that we turn ourselves into a craft group. I have a lot of friends and sisters in Arizona that do this sorta thing. So we decided that each one of us would take a turn being in charge of a craft every other month. Like a Super Saturday sorta thing. One person pulls their hair out going crazy getting everything ready for everyone else to just show up one night put together a craft and go home with a completed project. But then the rest of the year she's off the hook and can just come enjoy, while another one of our friends makes herself crazy being in charge. I love to doing crafts, but I hate getting everything ready or I don't know how to do them, and then I always get them done halfway. My basement is full of half completed crafts. Uagh!! So now we are all out looking for good crafts to share with our friends. I hope I didn't offend, but I made it clear that we don't want any "crappy crafts". You know that kind that breakless then a year later, and really you don't want to put them up in your house. Here's an idea that I got from my little sister, Kristal

5 comments:

Denise said...

cute signs! I can't wait!

Lanae said...

such a cute idea, i so wish you were here!

Melanie said...

I'm with Denise..I cannot wait to make these signs!! I've been thinking all day about which word to make. I've narrowed it down to two. But I might still change my mind!! Anyway, great idea on the new craft group Tamee. I'm so looking forward to it!

Andrea said...

Love the sign! Can't wait! I've already written it on the calendar so Rob can't steal the day away from me!

Navy Blue Cardigan said...

Oooh, I so want to move back to Virginia to be part of the fun!