Monday, February 18, 2008

Things I love about Virginia....



I hate sand boxes, but my kids love it! Any tips on how to get the stinking sand off their little bodies before they come in on our newly cleaned floors?


Now if I can just keep Kendall from stepping on them or eating them till spring.


Kendall's cheezey smile. She can't see for 2 second while she smiles, cause she sqwents her eyes so much.



So today the kids and I were outside playing and enjoying the break from the cold weather. But instead of fully enjoying the moment I was thinking about things I miss about Arizona. So I decided to make a list of things I love about Virginia. becuase I really do love it here. So here it is and in no particular order.



  • Watching the tulip push through the red clay to greet the warm weather, not knowing that it will be snowing two days from now. Poor tulips!



  • Acorns. I never realized that so much fun could be had by small children with an acorn.



  • Slugs. Ok I don't like em, but Garrett LOVES them and it keeps him busy for hours running around the house checking under all the drain pans for those slimmy little friends. Then he either puts them in the bug house or lays them out on the pavement to roast in the sun or be smushed. We haven't the heart to teach him the salt trick. He tortures them but the loves them.



  • I guess I love that it snows, because I get all excited and geared up by making warm yummy soups, and fun stay inside projects like beading aka "beaning" as Garrett calls it. That's another blog..... As a matter of fact, we love all the seasons here. The spring flowers and cherry blossoms are simply lovely. They make you want to wear pastels. The summers are great here. A few days of humidity, but then you always get a break with a few day of perfect weather. Unlike, Arizona weather were from May until October, you can bearly walk from your car to your house without breaking out into a sweat. The Fall has to be my favorite. The leaves are so thick, bright and beautiful. There's just enough nip in the air, that you can wear a sweater and jeans. Love that.



  • Like everyone who lives on the east coast, I love that there is never a shortage of places to visit or things to do. Particularly, I love the historical sites. I love learning and growing to appreciate our great country. I can't remember a thing that I learn, but fortunitly I have my walking encyclopedia right next to me and he remembers everthing he has ever rid. Love that about him.



  • We love our house. I love that the kids can play outsides without me worrying about traffic or much other immediate danger. We love all the windows and space. (I don't love the hardwood floors but that's another blog.) We love that we are close to everything, but still outside of the busy city. I love that Keith's work is so close that he can be home rather quickly. We also love that it's big enough that people can come visit and we have space for them to feel comfortable. So sisters come visit!!!



  • We love the people. I know everywhere has great people, but we have really enjoy our neighbors, church, school, and work friends.


  • Well, I know there is much more I love about Virginia, but this is enough for now.





1 comment:

Denise said...

I love that you're here Tamee. Things wouldn't be the same without you!