Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mothering heart...

Odd... lately I'll have all my kids around me playing and I'm holding Taryn, who is only 3 months old, then I get the trange feeling that one of my kids are missing or I need to go up stairs and get her?!? I'm sure it's just the hormones talking. I know we'll have more children but right now seems a little early.

I know a lot of people pray and have strong feelings about the timing and number of children they will have, but I can't say I one of those people. I did knew that after we had Garrett and were trying to have another, that we would have more children. As always, my timing and date wasn't the same as the Lords. We wanted to get pregnant 9 months after Garrett was born, but we didn't get pregnant with Kendall till a year later, which seemed like 12 years. I know that there are many, some dear friends that struggle with infertility and my heart aches for them.

God has placed in women the desire to nurture a child of your own, it hurts not to be able to fill that yearning.



Oh.. that reminds me today we were at Costco and all the kids were in the cart, a middle aged lady walked by us the turned around and looked at me and with a little bit of uglyness said, "Are all three of them yours?" I just smiled and said, "Yes" She shook her head, as she walked away and replied, "Your busy lady!" Funny I didn't really feel that busy, if anything we have to slow down, for little feet walking beside me, naps, playdates, singing repeative songs that require hand motions, and talks about why ladybug only live on the southwest side of our house. I do feel touched to death, because my children are all at a very loving, huggable, "Mommy can you help me?" phase of life. But I know this phase will pass faster than I want it too. Until then it's nothing that a long shower to unwind, or date with my sweet husband can't fix.



This reminds me of the discussion that was had at the Worldwide leadership training last week. We were counseled to not judge the amount of children others have or and spacing.

No comments: