Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dinner and Stake Conference




I love the Saturday adult session of stake conference. I love going to dinner with Keith and friends before the meeting. I love not having childen tormenting me through a church meeting, which makes it possible for me to hold Keith's hand, and really listent to the talks. I love talking with friends after the meeting and not being harassed by my children while I visit. This sounds like I don't like being around my children, but it's not just that. Last weeks Leadership broadcast, and stake conference this week, both seems to have talks that were just for me. Ya, I know if you go with an open mind and and willing heart the spirit will speak to you. But at both of these meetings most of the topics discussed were geared toward women, mothers in particular.
The messages by our church leaders was one of encouragement and support in our efforts to raise a righteous generation. I just needed to hear a little pep talk, I guess.. Thanks!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I loved the adult session of stake conference! I always do, for the same reason as you!
Hey! Did you notice that you have one of the few pictures EVER of Denise? We need to make sure that everyone sees it!

Denise said...

The pictures are good, even if I am in one!

dani said...

Ok, we are loving the Garrett quotes on the side. It made us laugh out loud. He is so sweet!

Lanae said...

i loved the leadership training as well...the message i got was "i know it's hard but you are doing the right thing just keep going!" a much needed pep talk for me also.
cute pics, so nice to have your hubby to yourself, i completely understand, it makes you love your children MORE!

Kristal said...

Awww, move here, have dinner with me!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah! We get to see pictures of these great people you call friends! Im right with ya sista, I love going to those adult meetings too. I also snuck into the Preisthood session last conference (actually I sat out in the hall). It was great too.