Monday, February 18, 2008

What brings a mother joy.







My husband has often told the story of one of the few times he has seen his mother cry. Maurine, my mother-in-law is an incredible women and amazing mother, and nothing gives her greater joy than her roll as wife and mother.
Here's how the story goes..... I guess Darrell, Keith's younger brother was being honored in high school, so they asked him a few questions. One of the questions was who are your heros? His response was my brothers. Maurines commented that one of the greatest joys as a mother is when your children love and care for one another. She has truely taught her children to love one another.
In the past week I have had my family relay events of my Aunt Claudette's funeral to me because I was not able to be there. It sounds like the funeral was one of love and tribute to my dear Aunt Claudette. One story of a loving and good older brother touches my heart. Even with his own pain, he saw the mourning and pain of a younger sister and reached out to hold her while they laid their mother to rest. How Christ like, "mourn with those who mourn, yea, and comfort those who stand in need of comfort..." I know that my Aunt Claudette's joy could not be fully than at that moments. Well done, Ian.
I am sure Aunt Claudette has joy in all the love and support her children are giving to one another and to their own children. We teach our children to love one another by how we love one another, even when it's not easy to do. This is what I wish for my children also.



2 comments:

Denise said...

These last few weeks, I have seen several people that I know and care about lose people in their lives.

All are dealing with their losses in different ways, and it makes me feel so good to see you and your family deal so well with your loss.

It isn't easy to lose people that we love, but there can be peace.

A mother heart said...

Tamee, I did not realize that she had passed away. It was just a couple of weeks ago we she was at the baby blessing. I am glad for you that you got to see her and spend time with her while you were out here. And I'm glad for her that her suffering is finally over.