Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter


I know, it's like Christmas. Next year I'm stealing an idea from my friend Andrea, Saturday before Easter will be Bunny Day, when the kids get presents and hunt for eggs. Then on Sunday, we can really focus on the meaning of the holiday.
This Easter we decided to start the morning off by reading the book, "The First Easter" by Carol Heyer. It's a wonderful childrens book that helps children understand the meaning of Easter.

Then we opened baskets and played with bunnies.

I don't know why my kids like sucking on bunny ears so much. Maybe I deprived them of pacifiers as infants. O-well!

Garrett loves to hold Tar Bears.

Taryn is overcome with joy by her new bunny!

Kendall loves her new punch (tea) set. We have been enjoying many cookies and juice parties.

Silly kids in their Easter Sunday best.

Kristal how do I make my flash go off every time. I hate these dark pictures. Can I fix them with photo shop?


Sweetness!



Since August, Keith has been reading the Book of Mormon to the kids every night. Garrett loves the stories of the Book of Mormon. He gets them a little mixed up, but he really taking a lot in. One of his favorite times of the bedtime routine is to go find the scriptures on our nightstands. About two weeks ago I asked him what he wanted the Easter bunny to bring him? And his response was a Book of Mormon. So that is exactly what he got and he could be happier on Sunday bring it to Primary.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Your baby looks just like Keith. And Garrett is such a big brother he looks so sweet taking care of his sisters.

Lanae said...

so glad to have you back! love the girls dresses and sweet garrett, what a good brother. i can't get over how different the two girls are!

dani said...

Adorable pictures! Love the easter outfits

Jamie said...

ADORABLE, ADORABLE, ADORABLE!! That is a great idea your friend had. It really is hard to seperate Christ and the Easter Bunny with all the chocolate and toys. Thanks for letting me vent. Your advice really helped:):) I am feeling guilt free about my decision:)

kristal said...

I LOVE YOU! You're a fun mom!! We miss our Joney cousins!!! MOVE TO JC! I'm sure NPC would get Keith on in a second! ha! At least move closer!!! We miss you!!!

Love the easter dresses!

SEALEDDEAL.BLOGSPOT.COM said...

ok I love that picture of Taryn with the bunny! SOOOO cute! Im glad you guys had a good easter. we all miss you! loves!

Breea said...

I LOVE KENDALLS HAT!!! i want it!! those are so cute! im glad you had a fun easter tam!

Breea said...

o wow i just looked and me and kayla said the same thing! thats so weird! sorry about that

Breea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alona said...

Cute kids, Tammee!