Friday, March 28, 2008

Milestones of the week


This week we've been cleaning out the basement, and ran upon a bunch of children's books we had put down there when we had the fire. Kendall found a few special ones that she wanted to bring up for bedtime books. One of those special books was "It's Potty Time". She was so excited to read this book, even asked to read it again.

Next morning I see Kendall downstairs pulling up something rather big. I thought it was a toy, so I yelled down, "Leave all toys downstairs, please".

She yelled back, "No, no potty time." Sure enough it was a little potty from downstairs.
She marched it right into the bathroom, sat down and got to business, without me noticing.

A few minutes later, Kendall is running around the house showing everyone the end product (pee). We had a little celebration, then showed her how to dump it and wash hands. I dismissed this event as a random experience, not to be replicated. But much to my dismay, two or three hours later she repeated this experience for all of us again. I mean the whole experience. I like to call it her, "Parade of Pee". Yes, it grosses me out also, however happy I am for her accomplishments. This happened three time that day, and by the end of the day, I wanted to hide the potty back downstairs.

I still believe or want to believe that it's a flook, and won't last, but if we stay home she's going strong.



Taryn's big accomplishment of the week is rolling over and over and over. You really have to watch her because she's on the move. Yea, for Baby Taryn!!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Yeah for you.

Unknown said...

Kendall is a genious! Congrates. I love the girls Easter dresses - Sure miss you.

Andrea said...

LUCKY!

Hey, you all! You should have seen Tamee "cutting a rug" tonight--that wild girl!

Tamee said...

Andrea, you forget I have pictures of you shaking your tailfeathers. You go girl!

Paula said...

Tamee!!!!! I had no idea you were in the blogging world. I'm so happy because I have abuptly dropped out---but yeah for you!!! I love seeing the pictures of you and the gang and it's fun seeing the pics of your house. I think I'm one of the only ones who hasn't seen (and probably won't) see your house. It's so cute! Miss you my sister :(

Kristal said...

What about Garrett? I'm sure he learned some new word, possibly one you wish he didn't? Something??? My kids are learnign new words all the time. There's quite the vocabulary at JCES!
Um, and yeah, good job on Kendall. Boss will be about a year and a half behind her! He'll probably train the same time Taryn does.

Laura said...

Collette decided to potty train when Ben was like 2 months old. I was not excited about it. I wanted her to stay in diapers until I was a little more put together. But, in the end it worked out. And she was much faster to potty train than Abigail.

Greg and Tammy said...

Congrats on all the accomplishments. Everytime you have to look at her pee... just remember that it is one less diaper to change!! :) Love all of the Easter pics. The kids clothes are absolutely darling and your Easter egg hunt and roll look like a blast!