Monday, March 3, 2008

A nice day with the ladies..

It was so nice to go to Stake Women's Conference this past Saturday, esspecially since I didn't have to speak at it this year. Last year I spend the two months leading up to conference preparing for my lesson and wishing and wanting it to be over. Dont' get me wrong, it was a wonderful experience preparing for the lesson, but stressful. So it was really nice just to go and enjoy the spirit and lessons without the worry.



I enjoyed the lesson on marriage. The teacher pointed out that when we marry we make a three way covenant with God, but there is distance between each of us and God and also between the two of us. But as I grow closer to God and the distance narrows between He and I it also narrows between Keith and I. Therefore as we are obedient to the gospel, say our prayer, and seek the Lord, our marriage will strenghthen. The world would tell you to invest more time in each other. Not that I don't think the Lord doesn't want us to spend time together.

No comments: