Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our ward easter egg hunt aka Candy Fest


As usual, I didn't get us there on time, so we missed the craft and games. However we were right on time for the hunt. As you can see by the blank faces, the excitement was just bubbling over waiting for the hunt to begin.

Kendall took her time and enjoyed the chase. She was selective about the eggs, she collected. Generally only picking up the pink one or shades thereof.
Once she selected the eggs, she'd shake it to make sure it contained a goody, present it to me for approval, then arrange it in the basket. I thought we'd never get 10 or 12 eggs in the basket.

Garrett however asspoused to a different approach. Run as fast as you can, and pick up anything that looks like an egg, so we have a few berrries in his basket. I was going behind him throwing out eggs so that he could enjoy the hunt a little longer, because he collected 12 eggs in about 3 minutes.
Then enjoying your spoils!!


I became a little distracted talking with friends, and turned around to notice sweet little Kendall making a gluttin out of her self.









11 comments:

Denise said...

I love that photo of Kendall eating her candy. She is giddy!

(that's what I feel like with a little chocolate in me!)

Kristal said...

Oh my gosh! WE just had the same thing today! And I was soo mad! My camera is at Jase's office! Boston was in heaven! He cracked open the first egg he found and shoved ALL of the jellybeans in his trap at the same time...drooling everywhere and as happy as could be! I love Kendall's hat! Kam wore one for Easter when she was 2 and it was my favorite! I begged her to do a hat instead of a headband this year, but she wasn't having it! She's slowly becoming her own fashion designer! I do LOVE the excitement in their eyes in those first two pictures though. Come home!!!! Move to Az! I need you! The kids need you!!! PLEASE!!!!

Kristal said...

ok, so your friend denise has that cute little cartoon girl for her profile picture...I'm now leaving a comment to see if mine worked! That's soo cute! Here goes....

Kristal said...

yay! now I need to make the hair darker!

Puhlman said...

Hey I found you too. Cool. What cute pics you have. Monday we are going walking at the park. If you want to come let me know. We go around 8:45 or 9 a.m. Just bring the double stroller with the kids and lets do it.

Melanie said...

Yup, the pic of Kendall is just hilarious. That's what happened at our house all afternoon. I'm also glad Kendall got a bunch of the pink eggs we brought. We figured we'd get rid of all our girl colors at the ward party!

Lanae said...

i second kristal...come home already! (ps i know you have no control over that, know the feeling!)

Jamie said...

Adorable!! Isn't that what the candy is for...making yourself sick to your stomach and still eating more!! Our ward does nothing for Easter. The Easter egg hunt is at my house every year.

Unknown said...

No, dont come home, I'll come out!!!

One of those pictures of Kendall brought back a memory of you - my vote is she will look pretty close to her moms looks. Love how you captured her in a "hatch chocolate eating mood"

Laura said...

I can't get over how ginorous Garrett is. Can't you slow that down or something?? Looks like fun! Miss you guys a ton :)

Greg and Tammy said...

Loved all the pics... especially the one of Kendall digging into the Easter candy. That's pretty much what I looked like on Easter as well. :)